Applying for Aid: Current Students

Current Students

Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, continuing students were no longer required to submit the CSS Profile each year to be considered for need-based institutional financial aid. 

If you filed a CSS Profile in 2018-2019 or 2019-2020, you will not be required to re-file a CSS Profile for 2020-2021 to be considered for institutional need-based funds. The prior CSS Profile results in conjunction with the new 2020-2021 FAFSA application will be used to determine your financial need. If you filed taxes in 2018, we recommend using the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your tax information into the FAFSA. As we process your financial aid application, additional documentation may be required, so please monitor your CaneLink To-Do list.

 Current Students

Due Date

Domestic & International

April 15, 2020

If you do not intend to apply for financial aid and wish to withdraw your financial aid application, please complete the Financial Aid Status Update form at

Summer 2020 - Federal Work Study 

Students who wish to continue working in their current Federal Work Study (FWS) position or obtain a new FWS position, and will not be enrolled in 6 undergraduate summer credits or more at UM need to submit a Federal Work Study Request Form (available April 2020). To qualify students must have already selected their courses at UM for Fall 2020. Please make sure to read the eligibility requirements printed on the form.

Students who are enrolled in 6 or more credits during the summer session do not need to complete a request form. The Office of Financial Assistance and Employment will review your eligibility and award summer FWS. 

Graduating this spring?

If you are graduating this spring semester, please note that you will not be able to continue to work as a student employee at UM after May 6, 2020. We hope that your participation in student employment has enhanced your UM experience.